Wednesday, December 23, 2009

24 week ultrasound

The third ultrasound...

I have been having so much trouble gaining weight, that Dr. P sent me for a third ultrasound at 24 weeks- to make sure that Baby M is growing, as well as to do an in-depth study of his heart - the good news is - he is huge (what did you expect - with J being 6'4"??) - measuring 1-2 weeks big - and the projected due date as of now is Jan 31st! They reconfirmed the gender and he is definitely all boy!!! Check these out!


This ultrasound was probably the most stressful - for the first 45 minutes or so. The tech would not let me empty my bladder - which (if you know me at all) is a HUGE deal! Also, she wouldn't show me the screen or confirm that indeed Baby M was in there - so of course, I thought "the baby disappeared!" and was crazy-worried.

Needless to say, Baby M was (and is) fine - his heart is healthy and he is healthy and was jumping around, and my mom got to see him for the first time. After my mom came in, the lady went crazy and took a million pictures (these are only a few) - and did a complete turnaround in personality! After that it was a good experience - and I got to see the baby one more time!



You can definitely see his "boy bits" in the picture above - my mom laughed hysterically! I had to call J as soon as I got home and tell him about his son's big kahunas! He was a proud papa that day - ha!

It was so funny - when we were talking (my mom and I) during the ultrasound, Baby M would turn his face towards us - its like he knew who we were! I can't wait to meet the little guy.